The Center for Human Growth and Development’s R01 Boot Camp program is sponsored in conjunction with the Medical School’s Mentored Research Academy: R01 Boot Camp to achieve the goal of promoting the successful receipt of research grant funding in this topic area. This multifaceted 10-month program is designed to help faculty members from across campus working in this topic area to receive their first R01 grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
The program includes a focused cohort of a CHGD coach and member mentees who participate in all of the Medical School-sponsored seminars as well as monthly CHGD small group meetings. The CHGD-specific mentorship will facilitate high quality applications specifically in the area of child development, behavior, and health.
For additional details about R01 Boot Camp, please see website.
Applicants must be faculty who:
- Are CHGD members;
- Have not been a PI on an R01 grant proposal; and
- Will be ready to submit an R01 grant proposal related to child development, child behavior or child health within one year (fall 2019 or winter 2020 cycles).
Any interested individuals who are not yet CHGD members may apply for membership at anytime here.
The applications will be 1) vetted by CHGD leadership to determine readiness to prepare an R01 grant, 2) selected for brief interviews, and 3) sent to Chairs for final selection. There are a limited number of mentee spots in Boot Camp each year.
For consideration to be a MENTEE, please submit online ONLY these items by Monday, October 15, 2018 following the instructions listed below.
- Specific Aims draft (1 p.)
- Supplementary Research Description (1-2 pp.) (optional)
- Biosketch (NIH format, 5 pp.)
- Letter of Recommendation from Division Head or Mentor (optional)
- Name of your Internal Subject Matter Expert (Contract due upon Boot Camp acceptance)
Access the application through Competition Space here. Select “Apply” on right hand side of this page. Log in using your uniqname and Kerberos (Level 1) password. Please complete the application form and upload required files. You may click Save at the bottom of the page at any time and return at a later date to complete your submission. When you are ready to submit, click Submit Application. You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been received.
Please note that applicants must be available for the following events:
- Opening Ceremony (January 9, 2019)
- All-day Grant Writing Workshop (February 14, 2019)
- Budgets and Biostatistics Workshops (TBD)
- Time Management (May TBD)
- Mock Review and Closing Ceremony (October TBD)
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.